Saturday, May 26, 2012

Modesty: views of it from the guys

Hey Everybody!

So, I've been studying about modesty lately, and I've had some questions (I'm sure you've had them too) about modesty. But I wanted the guy's opinion. So I went on to The Modesty Survey and read a whole bunch, got my questions and thought that you girls might want to see the results too! I'm going to write a Question and then answer it based on what the guys said.

Q. Do Guys notice whether a girl dresses modestly or not?
A. We most certainly do. I personally appreciate it when a girl is visibly making an effort to be modest. It heightens my respect for that girl greatly. 

Q. Is Modesty an important quality for your future wife to have?
A. I feel that it is important to me to get to know who she is as a human being, and person in Christ, rather than how she looks. And it helps a lot if she wears modest clothing that way I can focus better on what she is saying and how she is acting.

Q. Are Character, intelligence, and personality are more important than physical beauty?
A. Hollywood and cultural imply that the dumb blondes are the most sought after, and perhaps they are sought after by some, but not the kind of guy you are hoping to attract.

Q.Girls can be modest by layering,  even if some of the layers would be immodest by themselves.
A.I like when girls do this. It covers them and I have heard that with fashion trends coming and going it can be tough and if it works to layer and wear two shirts for one to become modest, go for it.

Q. Are Jeans are generally immodest, even if they aren't tight?
A. If you have a lot of curve, pants will draw attention to your hips. I think of jeans subconsciously as being masculine, so when you wear them, your shape stands out as different. Capris, on the other hand, are uniquely for women and therefore are not a stumbling block for me. I'd say capris are the most feminine pants there are.

Q. What is the primary difference between something that is attractive and something that is immodest?
A. Girls, put modesty above "attractiveness" and you will find that guys will truly be attracted to YOU instead of your short skirt. Also, the type of guys that will be attracted to you will be different; they will tend to be the type of guys who notice that you are making an effort to care for them. They will tend to be the guys that put striving for godliness above personal lusts. One last encouragement, find like-minded friends! That has been the greatest encouragement as I have made changes, striving for godliness. Many a time is has been said that you can judge a person by their friends. That is completely true. Pick your friends wisely!

I didn't put very many questions in, if you would like to see more Q&A, click on The Modesty Survey up at the top of the page.

I hope that this encouraged you and answered some questions! Have a wonderful day!

~Gracie

No comments:

Post a Comment