Monday, January 9, 2012

Boho braids and messy-bun

Hello! This is a really pretty, flexible hairstyle that I made up today.

So first take two sections off of each side of your head and braid them 
 Taada!
 Then take the right-side braids, cross them over to the left side, and pin them. 
Then take the left-side braids and cross them over to the right side of your head, and pin them.
It should look like this.

 I had an extra piece of hair between the braids so I braided it and added it in. You could 
just pin the braids right now, and it would be really pretty.
 Then I twisted both sides and secured them with a hairband,
 Like this. And then I made a bun. 
 Then 'cause we're going for a boho look, pin the bun, and rough it up with your
fingers lightly, and pin the loose strands. 
 And there you have it! Ain't it pretty? 

Love,

~gracie

6 comments:

  1. Thanks Becca dear!:-) Are you going to the wilderness retreat?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really cute!

    haha, and hi! My name's Raquel, and I found your blog through Becca. :)

    I have long hair (I've never cut it), and I'm afraid I usually go with regular pony tails, normal buns, and uncreative braids.... How long did it take you to do this hairstyle?

    Raquel
    walkingonmyhighplaces.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Raquel! Thanks for following me!

    I was looking at your profile pic and you do have long hair! I love its color!

    Um, to do this hairstyle, if you take out all the time trying to get decent pictures of it ;) it probably only took about 5-7 minutes! Don't you love quick easy hairstyles? I love how I can leave it up or down too. :D

    ~Gracie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ach! I didn't realize you had replied back to me, Gracie. I'm so sorry for such a delayed response.

    But yes! I REALLY like quick, easy hairstyles! (That's why I'm constantly looking for them.)

    For the longest time, this site was my guide: http://www.dressytresses.com/hair/gallery/default.asp

    Have a wonderful day!

    Raquel
    walkingonmyhighplaces.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, that's OK, I do that alot :-P

    Me too, I've been busy lately, I'll try to post more soon!

    Happy *almost* Valentines day!

    ReplyDelete